On Internet Banking
Written by Gel on Thursday, June 28, 2007I'm seriously thinking of pulling out my money from Chinabank. Grr. Everything seems to require too much effort: from opening an ATM account, to having my driver's license photocopied (they don't have a friggin' copier in their office), to enrolling my account for internet banking. Don't even ask about the customer service.
Anyways, aside from the fact that their new accounts teller is apparently misinformed about valid government IDs (and most of the bank's products), activation of internet banking account takes more than a week. Not one week, as I was initially told. I went to their branch this morning to get my login details only to find out that they don't have it yet, and deliveries from the head office are on every Tuesdays only. Tuesday messengers, wtf?
Talk about efficient. Your success is our business, my arse.
EDIT: I rediscovered BancnetOnline which is now a better site, both in structure and usability. No enrolment process, whatsoever. Just key in your card number and PIN, voila, you can check your current balance and pay bills at no service charge.
Anyways, aside from the fact that their new accounts teller is apparently misinformed about valid government IDs (and most of the bank's products), activation of internet banking account takes more than a week. Not one week, as I was initially told. I went to their branch this morning to get my login details only to find out that they don't have it yet, and deliveries from the head office are on every Tuesdays only. Tuesday messengers, wtf?
Talk about efficient. Your success is our business, my arse.
EDIT: I rediscovered BancnetOnline which is now a better site, both in structure and usability. No enrolment process, whatsoever. Just key in your card number and PIN, voila, you can check your current balance and pay bills at no service charge.

| Posted in »
0 comments: Responses to “ On Internet Banking ”