the lauren theory 2007

semi-daily dose of blab

TLA

Transformers the Movie

Written by Gel on Saturday, June 30, 2007

Transformers is, hands down, a brilliant movie. I love it! :D

Truth be told, I wasn't really looking forward to seeing the film as I expected it was all robots firing laser beams at each other. I was just being the dutiful girlfriend who came to see it with the boyfriend who loved the animated series and anticipated the movie so much, he bought tickets for the first day in advance.

Barely halfway through the movie, I realized how much I underestimated Transformers. I especially liked the transformations of robots to their alternate mode. Heck, I love everything about the movie. I love it so much that the moment I got home, I looked it up at The Internet Movie Database. Yes, I'm officially a fan. LOL.

Some trivia on Transformers (from IMDB):
  • It took approximately 38 hours to render one frame of the CGI animation to portray the Transformers. (that explains why the transformations are superb)
  • Producer Don Murphy decided, after listening to feedback from Transformers fans, to use the voices from the "Transformers" (1984) (and its spin-off The Transformers: The Movie (1986)). Veteran voice actors Peter Cullen and Frank Welker, who provided the voices for the iconic Transformer leaders Optimus Prime (Cullen) and Megatron (Welker), were auditioned personally by director Michael Bay, who feared that their aged voices would be noticeable. Cullen was confirmed to reprise his role, but Welker's voice had aged too much and besides didn't suit Megatron's new alien look, and so Hugo Weaving took the role of Megatron. However, Welker reprises his role as Megatron in Transformers: The Game (2007) (VG).
  • Bumblebee's classic alternate mode was a Volkswagen Beetle, but this was changed to a Camaro. This was because Michael Bay wanted to avoid comparisons with Herbie the Love Bug.
  • Megatron's classic alternate mode was a Walther P38 pistol, but Hasbro the owners, and official distributors of the toyline stated that they would not produce a gun of any kind for their characters (it's also illegal to make replica toy guns in several jurisdictions). Also the writers thought it was like "having Darth Vader transform into his own lightsaber and someone else swinging him around," so it was changed to an "interstellar jet."
  • According to one of the CGI artists that created the animated robots at ILM, if you took all the polygons (CGI building blocks) from all the autobots and decepticon models they created at the studio, and strung them end to end, they'd reach to the moon and back and you'd still have enough left over to build the coliseum in Rome two times.
This movie definitely tops my list this year, so far. Can't wait for the sequel! :)

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
  1. 0 comments: Responses to “ Transformers the Movie ”

About Me

Here I'll share my knowledge, discovery and experience related to my hobby and work. Most articles on this site are related to blog design, short reviews, tips and make money online.

Want to subscribe?

Subscribe in a reader.